Our Mother of Good Counsel School follows the procedures required by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in hiring faculty.
- All faculty and staff are required to be fingerprinted,
- have a current negative TB test,
- attend a Safeguard the Children Virtus training,
- have obtained a Bachelor's Degree or higher,
- attend in-services in the areas of education and religion
- and have a California credential, out of state credential or be working on completing a California credential.
- All teachers of religion must be practicing Catholics.
All faculty members must provide a resume and references at the time they are interviewed. If administration finds them to possess the correct requirements, their references are then checked. The administration calls previous employers to ensure that all the information given is accurate and the individual possesses the necessary qualifications to fulfill his/her teaching duties.
All teachers are required to do continuing education course work to stay updated in the profession. Over a five year program they are required to obtain 150 education hours through class work or in-services in religion and various subject matter.
Our Mother of Good Counsel has highly qualified individuals on its faculty. All of the teachers have experience and therefore, are able to provide creative lessons and meet the needs of their students.